Saturday, July 21, 2018

You don't have to pay for any movie or program if you already get it on cable

This is what I just found out from my daughter. Yes. IT's true I'm 70 now and even though I have a TIVO with Amazon Prime and Netflix and some others too, I didn't know this before.

For example, our cable company is Comcast which is known also as xfinity. So, what you do is to go to xfinity to see ANY show you get on cable. For example, if you get showtime and or HBO you can watch these through xfinity or whatever cable company you are using too.

My daughter in San Diego likes HULU because she can watch almost any TV program or movie WITHOUT any commercials at all. So, I have often thought about getting HULU for this reason. However, at that point why do I still have my TIVO and Cable at all?

So, obviously  I have to think this all through more.

The problem as I see it is "IF you don't know what programs you are going to like it's much harder to find programs you want to see".

I find less and less TV series interest me over time which is sort of discouraging but if you are looking for something to watch that you actually want to watch that is hard.

For example, I really liked Alicia Silverstone in "Clueless" when she did that. now she has a program called "American Woman" but for me it is sort of more a program women like to watch because it reminds me of "Racy Paperbacks" that women read a lot. I tried to get my wife and her friend to watch this program but I'm not successful yet. But, it's not something I can watch because it's a too feminine way of looking at things to be interesting to me. I like adventure, science Fiction and stuff like that. So, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Star Trek, Men in Black, all those kinds of shows are great. But, you don't get that quality every day so you have to be patient.

NOTE: The point if you missed it is this. You can literally watch ANY Program you want any time of day. It can be a movie or a TV show or a special. You can watch it 24 hours a day any day, any episode and any movie (IF you have it on cable already on ANY CHANNEL) This is the point of this article. You can watch any episode you missed on any program usually often in the last 6 months or so if you are lucky depending upon the channel and the agreements with your cable company.

No comments: