Saturday, July 21, 2018

TNT is doing a 24 hour Star Wars marathon with all 7 star wars movies if you have a DVR

I know many of you including me have DVDs of all these but I find it kind of fun to use my TIVO to have them all in one place and then shoot through the commercials. But, everyone to their own I guess. It just reminds me of TV movie marathons in the 1980s (recording on VHS tapes) and the 1990s and beyond on CDs or DVDs too.

It's hard for me to get excited over electronic copies of Star Wars movies if you know what I mean especially after seeing the first one in 1977 with my then 3 year old son in Sunland in my 1968 Camaro that I bought new in 1968 when I was 20 with my then young son who is now 44. IT's just not the same unless you can at the very least DVR it and keep that copy as long as you want if you know what I mean.

My wife still likes paper back books too. She finds she loses interest if she reads on an electronic reader but there are no bookstores much in this area for new books since the main bookstore chains shut down a few years ago now in this area. So, she usually has to buy books on Amazon online because of this.

No comments: