Monday, October 15, 2018

Drove North from Santa Barbara up 101 yesterday

When we reached Buellton we went east a little to Solvang which is a Danish Village tourist trap there. We stopped and had Belgian Waffles with what looked a little like a Banana Split on top except it also had canned peaches, strawberries in syrup, Blueberries in syrup and ice cream and whipping cream and pecans on the top which was quite an impressive thing to look at to begin with. I actually wish I had taken a picture of it now before my wife and I ate it sort of as a lunch dessert together there. There is a place with red awnings outside above the tables outside that sells this delicious concoction by the way there in Solvang.

But, in order to ground myself (before all the sugar) I had a Crepe with spinach Quiche and a glass of milk. But, even then I felt pretty high from the sugar and so let my wife drive the truck as far as Atascadero at the In N out Burger before I resumed driving my 4 wheel drive truck home to the SF Bay Area on the coast there.

The weather has been really amazing lately including where I live on the coast. IT's supposed to be 71 degrees today and not a cloud in the sky. It's presently 67 Fahrenheit which is pretty nice with the sun out too.

No comments: