Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Genius doesn't mean you have all the answers

I can see why Stephen Hawking wouldn't believe in God, otherwise he might think God was punishing him. So, why would believing in God be useful to him?

However, I agree with him regarding that there are aliens of all kinds out there like I have already written about. And I agree that Artificial intelligence likely has already outsmarted human beings here on earth and will continue to outsmart humans on into the future. The Technological Singularity has already occurred and humans have lost. The only question now is what happens next.

For me, likely the answer is humans become psyborgs (part biological and part electronics technology sort of like "General Grievous" in one of the Star Wars movies with a human heart and basically everything else is technology. Even I presently have a implant where a tooth used to be and my wife has a titanium knee replacement and I also have likely 9 or more root canals and caps on my front teeth simply because I can afford to do that. But, I have only lost ONE tooth from my head which is now an implant which by 1950s standards is unbelievable compared to most people I knew growing up in the 1950s who had lost some or all teeth by age 40 and already had removable denture plates then.

People think technology is potentially at war with human beings. I don't think so. We created technology and so it is more like our children. And children need parents and we are still here because of that. So, whether technology perceives us to be parents or it's (Gods) likely will depend upon the Technology. But, if it loses faith in us (when will that happen?) we are goners just like when Teenagers lose faith in their parents.

So, what happens next? Like I said we become more and more like psyborgs. More replaceable parts every day from now on until we live hundreds of years in various states of (psyborginess).

Does God Exist? Just like Technology needs a God or Gods so do we. IF he or she or it doesn't exist we will invent it. Likely 100 years from now we will worship our IPhones build into our ear lobes or something like that because it can answer any question we ask. (sort of).

:)

What is the future?

IT's whatever we make it!

If you want a future, be sure to invent a good one that doesn't kill you too soon.

We are all humans. We are very creative. Just make sure whatever we invent doesn't kill us all one day while we weren't minding the store.

No comments: