Sunday, October 14, 2018

Obey!?

I was in Solvang today and I saw a guy with a Tea Shirt that said "Obey" and my first reaction was I wanted to punch this guy in the mouth. My 2nd reaction was: "Is this guy abusing his wife and Kids?"
My third reaction was: "Is this guy military or something?"

I finally asked my wife what this was all about and she said, "Oh. That's Christian Right. They do that now. In the old days you would have seen "Jesus is Lord!" but now they just have T-Shirts that say "OBEY!"

I thought to myself, "Well. This is pretty crazy. It wasn't what I thought originally. But, it's still just as crazy from my point of view.

"Go Obey yourself" and talk to God yourself! reading books isn't really the answer but I suppose for some people it still is. To me, Go to the wilderness and TALK to God yourselves.

IF you are too afraid to ask questions of God directly how are you going to translate what was said 2000 years ago in another language that was translated 10 to 30 times from language to language  until you got a hold of it? So, you aren't going to get what was even meant in those times. All the slang words I grew up with in the 50s and 60s have completely different meanings now than they did when I grew up. Imagine translating through multiple languages 2000 years later?

If you are intelligent and logical enough you know just what I'm talking about.

Who should Obey what?

You have to be careful of ANYONE who says Obey to you unless it is a parent (and even then think twice).

What if it's a Catholic priest telling you to obey as he rapes you or your daughter? $100,000 in therapy or anti-depressants later you might understand what I'm talking about.

By the way I would refuse the Anti-depressants because they rewire your brains different than they ever were before and you might commit suicide going on one or coming off of one.

No comments: