Friday, October 12, 2018

What is enlightenment to you?

Each person has their own definition of Enlightenment I find but I agree with Drukpa Kunley of Bhutan about these things:

"Who does not know the truth, is confused. Those who have no goals, can not sacrifice. Those who have no courage, can not be a Yogi. This is the doctrine of the three missing things.
Even if a person knows the way of wisdom; without practicing there is no realization. Even if a master shows you the way, you have to go it by yourself."

end partial quote from "The poems and songs of Drukpa Kunley"

When I was 15 I had one definition of enlightenment. It was a young and naive version of reality. Now I see things in a completely different context than I did at 15.

Was I wrong to begin to seek enlightenment seriously at age 15. No.

I couldn't have gotten here unless I started there.

Do I feel enlightened now?

I feel much more enlightened than I did at 15.

Enlightenment is a never ending staircase sort of climbing a mountain. You never really know everything but you just keep learning new things along the way.

It is sort of like climbing a mountain in that as you gain altitude you see further and further into the future and past of your life and everyone else's. However, often you cannot tell people things because they are just not ready to hear what you want to say to them yet. You have to wait until they get to your stage and often by then you are passed away. It has always been this way.

This is why each one's enlightenment is a little different than anyone else along the way.

By God's Grace

No comments: