Friday, October 12, 2018

poems and songs of Drukpa Kunley: (1455 - 1529) in Bhutan

I originally titled this: 'This is why some people might frown on Drukpa Kunley. But then I realized they might not understand what I'm talking about and get the wrong idea. My point simply is That Trying to make love to all these women to enlighten them some people might not understand. So I realized it was more important that I title this: "poems and songs of Drukpa Kunley" since we are all adults here."

Some men have always believed they could enlighten women by making love to them throughout all history. Are they right? You have to decide for yourselves.

However, if you are enlightened you also might understand.

My path has been the path of a Householder Yogi with my yoga raising children and being married. So, this isn't the exact path I chose even though I too am Crazy Wisdom naturally. I find people who are crazy wisdom don't have a lot of patience for all the pain and suffering of life and so they "speed things up" moving all beings to enlightenment so beings don't have to suffer so long. So, they will get their suffering over and become enlightened now or as soon as possible.
By God's Grace

Begin partial quote from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drukpa_Kunley#Biography

Poems and songs of Drukpa Kunley[edit]

Poem about happiness
I am happy that I am a free Yogi.
So I grow more and more into my inner happiness.
I can have sex with many women,
because I help them to go the path of enlightenment.
Outwardly I'm a fool
and inwardly I live with a clear spiritual system.
Outwardly, I enjoy wine, women and song.
And inwardly I work for the benefit of all beings.
Outwardly, I live for my pleasure
and inwardly I do everything in the right moment.
Outwardly I am a ragged beggar
and inwardly a blissful Buddha.
Song about the pleasure
A young woman finds pleasure in love. A young man finds pleasure in sex. An old man finds pleasure in his memoirs. This is the doctrine of the three pleasures.
Who does not know the truth, is confused. Those who have no goals, can not sacrifice. Those who have no courage, can not be a Yogi. This is the doctrine of the three missing things.
Even if a person knows the way of wisdom; without practicing there is no realization. Even if a master shows you the way, you have to go it by yourself.
The five spiritual ways
I practice the path of self-discipline. I meditate every day.
I go the way of embracing love. I work as a mother and father of all beings.
I do the deity yoga. I visualize myself as a Buddha in the cosmic unity.
I read the books of all religions and practice all at the right moment.
The life is my teacher and my inner wisdom is my guide.[6]

NOTE: "Regarding 'poem about happiness'

My wife's reaction to this was that she thought this first poem was very sexist looked at from this point of view. However, people didn't see equality in that era like we do now either. It might have been a goal always for womenkind but in that era (1400s and 1500s) it could only be a goal for women because in that era mostly it was unattainable because of the way people tended to think and feel then most if not all places on earth at that time.

Often people were not "Allowed" to think in terms of equality for women on pain of death. So, women who demanded equality then often were killed, humiliated, driven insane or considered insane whether they were or not. So, equality until now wasn't allowed by the powers that be for thousands of years most places.

No comments: