Friday, October 12, 2018

More regarding Drukpa Kunley of Bhutan

Jan 31, 2016



I realized many of you were reading this article recently and so I decided I should share my personal experiences regarding Drukpa Kunley in Dharmshala, India.

I had traveled across with my family along with Geshe Lobsang Gyatso and his Darjeeling born English translator by Train and Bus through VAranasi, India where we stopped to visit the Burning Ghat and got rooms to the Taj Mahal where we stopped and at that time you could actually go inside the Taj Mahal then in 1986 in January and to New Delhi where we got rooms and got to know the city of New Delhi better. However, when my stepdaughter got sick and the medicine we got for her almost killed her we decided to go up into the mountains of Dharamshala at 6000 feet which should kill most tropical or semi-tropical diseases. So, that is what we did. We went up to Dharamshala to a Tibetan Healer named Lady Dolma who healed my stepdaughter and son as neither of them was feeling well by the time we reached Dharamshala. Within a few days both were well again. "Geshela" (Geshe Lobsang Gyatso) who was a Gelukpa Geshe under the Dalai Lama's lineage then had been sent to Santa Cruz to help Lama Yeshe who lived in Boulder Creek near Santa Cruz, California pass over and reincarnate as a Spanish boy name Lama Oso and when we returened to Boulder Creek we were there when Lama Oso was 3 years old I think and his stupa for Lama Yeshe was dedicated there in Boulder Creek.

Tenzin, who I met in Dharamshala had been a student of Geshela's from Tibet as they were both from Tibet in Kham Province. Geshela had escaped from Tibet in the Dalai Lama's party where many were machine gunned by Chinese planes as they left Tibet then I think in 1959. I think the Dalai Lama and Geshela were both around 18 or 20 years old when they floated and walked out of Tibet into India.

Tenzin had a more difficult time getting to India later as he was younger and he told some pretty horrific stories about how he got out to Dharamshala.

His English was very very good because he had had to take care of his parents (no social security in India or Tibet) and so he gave his monks robes to Geshela to keep for him and became a Mountain Climbing guide for westerners to support his parents until they passed away. A lady named Tara married Tenzin and they returned I think to St. Paul Minnesota within a few months of this time by the way. He had never been there before.

They became good friends of ours in Dharamshala and also met us in Rewalsar as well which is several hours by bus from Dharamshala and is a Padmasambhava holy place there around Lake Rewalsar up in the hills in the Himalayas like Dharamshala only Dharamshala is at 6000 feet and I think Rewalsar is at about 3000 feet elevation. So, Dharamshala is about the same altitude as Lake Tahoe, California.

Tenzin told me many stories of Drukpa Kunley which made me laugh so hard I often fell on the floor in laughter. At the time I thought these were fictitious stories to bring people into the dharma and they definitely brought people into Tibetan Buddhism in various ways especially mountain climbers.

However, 20 years later I found out that Drukpa Kunley was a real person. I was very surprised because I hadn't heard of someone this crazy wisdom who was out and about in the public. Most people this crazy wisdom hung out in Caves and levitated and sang songs like Milarepa so Drukpa Kunley was just so supernatural and out and about I was surprised that he survived so long in this culture living the way he did.

There is a wildness to a "Crazy Wisdom Emanation" that would definitely blow most people's minds being around someone like this.

However, I myself am Crazy Wisdom Too and often people get blown away by me in my life too and always have.

Crazy Wisdom just means "The Wisdom Beyond Logic".

It means you do what is right for all souls around you even if it is going to blow people's minds a lot.

It's like getting up and rescuing a child the instant before it is hit by that car.

This is what Crazy Wisdom is all about. It's about timing.

It's about being in the right place at the right time and knowing it and not being concerned really about what other people think.

But, very very few are really good at this I find. Maybe there will be more of us in the future.

By God's Grace

Here is a true Native American Crazy Wisdom Story:

The old medicine man had many men in his sweat lodge that day. But, one of the men had dislocated his arm and was in pain.

The old medicine man suddenly said to the injured man: "Here!"

As the injured man with the dislocated shoulder reached for the peace pipe he screamed in pain because that movement had
put his dislocated shoulder back in place. The old Medicine man Smiled and the man whose shoulder went back in place thanked the Medicine man.

By God's Grace

No comments: