Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Lazarus Effect: Or my life from the 1950s onwards

I tend to see my life as an ongoing series of miracles. The way I see it I'm only alive by the Grace of God every moment since I was 2 years old. And I'm now 73 this month.

The first time most people would have died was when I was 2 years old around Christmas of 1951 when I had whooping cough. I had learned to "play Dead" rather than die from exhaustion like many children did then of whooping cough. My best friend that I gave my bicycle Newspaper route when I was 10 to I became best friends later with when I was 12 years old in Junior high school when we attended the same school because we were in different schools before Junior High School. He had had Polio in his legs and had to wear braces on his legs until he was 6 or 7 years old. But, his arms were very strong when I met him always from this and he set a 25 year record for the rope climb at our Junior High school because he didn't have to use his legs for the rope climb only his arms. He sat on the gym floor to start and just used only his arms hand over hand all the way to the top so he ONLY used his legs coming down to make it easier so this was how he set the record that wasn't broken for 25 years at that school. By the time I gave my bicycle newspaper route to him and trained him where all the customers were I was 10 and he was 11 until we met in Junior high and became best friends from my age 12 until he joined the Air Force and became a Jet engine mechanic on military jets for the Air force during the Viet Nam War.

The two of us were best friends because we both had survived by miracles in our lives when others died around us of all sorts of things. So, we both had a seriousness that most children didn't have and so often we watched other friends self destruct in various ways. We of course were survivors which is an entirely different breed of person who had survived something really terrible in our lives.

So, a lot of the really dumb things kids might do we wouldn't because we had already almost died over a period of time when we were young.

Also, I gave Mike my newspaper route because I was starting to have night time seizures from a concussion. My parents were worried that I might have a seizure caused by my concussion while doing my paper route and wanted me to stop delivering newspapers. Also, the doctor said that stress might be the cause of my seizures so he recommended I eliminate stressful things from my life. They didn't really understand what had happened to me then and I didn't fully understand it until my son studied to become a nurse and told me I had what was called "Childhood epilepsy" which is a concussion which eventually relieves the pressure on your brain as your cranium (skull) grows to 15 or 16 years of age.

So, I asked God to come into my body to live with me here on earth at age 15 and he did which was overwhelming in a way I cannot even really describe to you. It has taken me all the way to about age 30 to become fully used to and comfortable with God living in my body with me by the way. By the time I was 30 God had trained me to be a blessing to all beings. So, it makes me understand a little what happened to the prophets and to Jesus because of what also happened to me.

However, God trained me for a much different service to life than most prophets or Jesus. It appears that God gave me the gift of realizations (Enlightenment) and a long life to impart his wisdom through progressive Revelation to all of you.

By God's Grace 

No comments: