Monday, April 19, 2021

The Nevers on HBO is too dark for me to watch

I loved the first episode of it but then I watched the 2nd episode and realized it was just too dark a thing for me to watch especially during the coronavirus era when you need all the upbeat things you can get to make it through these times.

I'm making up a saying here but: "The darker you go the darker you go". In other words if you don't put your attention on positive things during an era like this then you might not be around in a couple of years time.

So, I find I have to be very very careful what I watch so I can manage another day of life during these times. 

Once again the ONLY eras that make any sense at all to compare this present era to maybe are the Great Depression and World war II.

When I talked with parents, grandparents and their friends as a child in the 1950s it appeared to me that World War II in some ways was better for people than the Great Depression was in that at least they had something positive to focus their attention on like the survival of democracy and the Free world which for them was worth dying for at that time.

Then after World war II there was the Cold War from 1945 to 1990 which included the Korean War, The Viet Nam War and the fall of the Berlin Wall and worst of all The Cuban Missile Crisis where we all almost turned to dust. 

No comments: