Wednesday, September 21, 2022

I'm getting stronger now every day

 I was in the hospital from about 2 weeks ago last Monday until Wednesday 3 days later. Since my wife and I came to one of the family's homes in Santa Barbara I have been getting more exercise every day. Today I not only took a long walk on the beach but also walked up a hill to where our car was parked. I figure if I can walk a little further each day it will build up my heart so I can do more and more over time.

But, I also have had to deal with some medical PTSD from the Cardioversion because the electrical shock when they zap your heart is pretty traumatic for the body. So, I have had to deal with some fight or flight issues caused by the physical trauma of that jolt of electricity. However, it is better that they did this than anything else because otherwise if they hadn't stopped the atrial fibrillations I likely would have been dead within 2 months of constant Atrial fibrillations. So, shocking the heart is one way to stop these from occurring. Then they use Amiodarone to prevent further Atrial fibrillation. My wife's biological mother had this same thing happen in her 70s and she is still alive and smart as a tack at 93 years old.

So, basically what would have killed people in the 1960s and 1970s and 1980s outright, people are now living to their 90s and 100s with now which is really amazing!

No comments: