Saturday, September 24, 2022

The temperature low here in Santa Barbara will be 67 degrees on Monday which is pretty warm for SB

Especially since the average night time temperature has been around 58 to 60 degrees lately since we have been visiting here the last week or so. This has been my nicest experience in Sant Barbara (this past week or so) and very very healing for me partly because the weather and ocean have reminded me so much of Hawaii where I used to live. But, Santa Barbara I have found to be the best year around place temperature wise of any other place I have been on earth.

For example, Hawaii (all the islands) can be wonderful from about Late October until April of almost any year. However, you mostly don't want to be on any of the islands without Air conditioning from June through August of any year. And the worst place to be in June through August likely would be the big island of Hawaii without air conditioning in your car or home from June to August of any year.

I remember how surprised I was in January 2015 when the water around Kona Side for snorkeling was at least 85 degrees Fahrenheit. The same was at 2 Step where the Kahunas and the Kings bathed too then in past history of the Hawaiian Islands.

The water in JANUARY of 2015 was so warm you could get overheated while snorkeling and so If I wanted to cool down from snorkeling I had to get out of the water and let my body cool by the sea breezes by walking down the beach or standing under the shade of the palm Trees there in the sea breezes.

One trick if you like to snorkel and are older like I am. From about age 50 onwards I make sure that I always have a boogie board tethered to my wrist or ankle while snorkeling. This I find keeps me from accidentally drowning in a big wave when it hits unexpectedly. I can float and raise my head above the water on the boogie board as a float and not drown from an unexpected wave in my face from surfacing (coming to the surface of the ocean after going down a ways).

No comments: