Friday, September 23, 2022

However, from 1976 to 1992 I often lived in Mt. Shasta

 I got to thinking more about my statement that most of my life I have lived on the beach or near the beach somewhere between Seattle and San Diego and Los Angeles. I realized that between 1976 and 1992 often I was living on an off in mt. Shasta, California, especially during the 1980s from 1980 to 1985. 

For example, I bought 2 1/2 acres on Mt. Shasta at around 4000 feet elevation and built an A-Frame house that can shed 7 feet or more of snow whether you are there or not without the roof caving in which is very important in a place like Mt. Shasta, (especially in the 1970s and 1980s). For example, the most snow I have ever seen in Mt. Shasta city was the winter of 1992 when I visited there there was 12 feet of snow in town and roofs were collapsing on homes throughout the area then. So, something like an A-Frame you needed desperately  (if you weren't there) to shovel the snow or snow blow the snow off the roof would have meant a collapsed roof. Because the pitch on an A-Frame prevents roof collapse from snow load usually.

But, the point of this article is simply to say that in 1976 and 1977 I lived in Mt. Shasta and then in 1979 to around 1985 I lived in Mt. Shasta and from 1990 when we moved back from Maui, Hawaii we lived in Mt. Shasta from 1990 to 1992 that summer but we came back to visit friends when the 12 feet of snow fell during the winter of 1992.

But, I have lived near the ocean (within one hour of the ocean) from 1992 to the present. Right now I live only around 1 mile from the beach so walking, driving or riding a bicycle, or motorcycle there is pretty easy at present. And now we inherited the Santa Barbara home of my wife's mother we also can stay in Santa Barbara anytime we want to also which is really nice because Santa Barbara has maybe the best year around climate of anywhere I have ever been on earth.

In other words it never freezes here and usually doesn't go above around 90 degrees because you are right next to the ocean. So, it is a perfect climate year around because of this.

No comments: