Thursday, September 29, 2022

From 2011 to 2017 this blog went up to 100,000 visits a month by 2017

However, starting in 2018 I started to periodically have more health problems. I think it started with my burst appendix after I returned from snorkeling with friends on Kona Side of the big island then in 2015 in January. We visited places like 2 step where the lava is cut by ancient Hawaiians so it was more easy for the Kings to get into the water there from walking on the lava out into the water. Also, that year the water was basically 85 degrees in the water on Kona side of the big island of Hawaii then and it was so hot for me if I wanted to cool down from snorkeling I had to get out of the water to let the sea breezes cool me off then.

However, when I returned to California where I live now (I used to live in Hilo in 1974 and on Maui in 1989 and 1990 I had a burst appendix which staying at a hotel in Mt. Shasta and this began a series of health problems and the first one I dealt with was a burst appendix, then an operation Laparoscopic for the burst appendix which caused through coughing a natal hernia which I am presently still dealing with all these years later now here in 2022. So, starting in 2018 I couldn't give the time needed to keep my blog at 100,000 visits per month or more and had to concentrate on staying alive for my wife and children and friends instead. So, even though I still write as a mental discipline for myself as a retired person my main focus has to be every day on finding ways to usefully stay alive and to keep going somehow.

For example, 3 weeks ago I found myself in a place where I couldn't stay alive anymore without more doctors (cardiologists) help. So, rather than die at home I went to the hospital for help. There they gave me a cardioversion or Cardio Conversion (your choice of what to call it) and that plus a drug called Amiodarone has given me a life I haven't had in a year or two health wise. 

So, even though I went into the hospital to either die or get better I did get much better so I presently have my life back which is wonderful!

Now I'm talking to people in their 90s who experienced what I experienced and so I'm realizing with the right medical help and medicines I too might live into my 90s or 100s which has given me a lot of hope.

So, the good news is I might have found a way to live to 90 or 100 or more but the bad news it mostly I don't have the time to craft this site anymore into a place where 100,000 people will visit regularly. But, the good news as far as I am concerned is that I'm still alive which makes me and my wife and children and grandchildren very happy!

By God's Grace

No comments: