Thursday, February 16, 2023

It went down to 39 here on the ocean and down to around 25 or 30 inland

I don't remember any year in the past with this many low temperatures at night. For example, it was 4 degrees or lower in Lake Tahoe last night and the weatherman was speaking about 5 degrees below zero too. It likely was the lowest set of temperatures for 11 pm at night for the State of California that I ever remember seeing last night. Today I can see the sun but it is also cloudy and I checked the weather video and it looks like we might be getting another storm.

Yesterday I went to the beach to walk the dog. The day before yesterday I was writing about how there was a 35 to 45 mile per hour wind. Winds of 10 to 20 miles per hour are pretty normal for the beach but 35 or more that is unusual. So, when I drove to the parking lot I sometimes park in much of is was closed from all the blowing sand that now was over 1 to 2 feet deep in much of the parking lot then. So, I drove through about 1 foot of sand to get to where I wanted to park but then realized that the out direction had around 2 feet of sand which wasn't safe to drive through in my truck simply because there were too many obstacles like cement and trees to safely do this. So, I went out the way I came in against the flow of traffic. It was amazing to see this much sand in the parking lot of up to 2 feet in many places. There were orange cones a lot of places to make sure people realized just how dangerous it could be to drive through because it isn't just cars and obstacles it's also people walking through the parking lot to be at the beach too.

No comments: