Friday, October 6, 2023

I think the last article puts into perspective just how devastating Global Climate change is for the average person worldwide now, especially for children

 I really haven't seen any article that really puts it into perspective like this of the damage global Climate change is doing not only to all adults but specifically to children worldwide. For example, the Earthquakes in Turkey and then Morocco and then the 20,000 who died in Libya from a Medicaine (Mediterranean hurricane) also demonstrate just how serious climate change has become, especially upon 3rd world nations who might not have enough emergency help to survive these situations ongoing.

Even here in the U.S. we are hard pressed even as a rich nation to address all the problems associated with Climate change which are causing Fires, hurricanes, snow storms, tornadoes and rising Sea levels etc.

Even I went out to the beach from where I live after living along the ocean most of my life and made a mistake the other day because I wasn't aware of just how bad the rogue waves could be and this really freaked out my corgi because she got pretty wet (to the point where even the top of her head was wet) so she threw both her leash and collar and decided to leave and go back to my wife in the car. She had definitely had enough water from the rogue wave. The reason I keep her on a leash is I can no longer easily run to catch her if she runs away because she gets startled by something which is usually another dog or a wave on the ocean or someone she wants to go see. So, what I'm saying here is that about 5 to 7 feet of sand vertically is already gone from local beaches so it appears almost every day that it's high tide just because the sand is already mostly gone even before major storms hit our Pacific Coast of California. In other words the water is rising much faster in the oceans around the world than I ever would have expected.

Even in Maui when I stayed there last year on vacation it wasn't safe at high tide to take the lower road from Kihei to Lahaina because waves were crashing onto the lower road. But, luckily they have built a much higher road so people can still get to Lahaina (which also isn't there anymore because of the fire).

However, from Ka'anapali north on the west side of Maui is still there mostly. It's just Lahaina that is completely gone now from Maui.

No comments: