Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Though it is very expensive I like living in California on the ocean the best

 I have traveled around the world some during my life in that I have traveled to Asia for 4 months in 1985 and 1986 and I have traveled to England, Scotland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland several times now. I have traveled to Canada Many times and to Mexico many times. And I have been to all the states west of the Mississippi River a lot and also to Chicago, Washington DC, Virginia, Massachusetts, North Carolina visiting by plane and renting a car and driving north from North Carolina up to Massachusetts. I particularly loved the Washington DC Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian by the way because I got to see some of the first space Capsules as well as planes all the way back to the Wright brothers which was a pretty amazing experience too. 

I have been to Versailles in France which is an amazing place that inspired Walt Disney to build Disneyland in Anaheim, California and all the other ones around the world too.

However, after visiting all these places I find I like living in California the best. There are two other places I have lived or might consider living again which are Mt. Shasta and Hawaii. But, I find Hawaii is so far away from the mainland especially as I get older now at age 76 that I don't want to be that far away from my kids and grandkids that it might be difficult as I get older to visit them.

So, for me, my life is best somewhere in California between the San Francisco Coast and Mt. Shasta with visits to Hawaii for a couple of weeks a year now since I'm retired and visits also to Santa Barbara as we might be there around 1/2 of our time now on into the future because the climate is better than San Francisco since I believe Santa Barbara has the best year around climate of any place I have been on earth.

Some people prefer living places like Palm Springs because it is like 70 degrees or more even in the winters there but I have trouble with the 125 degree days at this age even though going there in the winter time is nice.

I discovered that you can go to Kona, Hawaii on the big island and the water snorkeling there in January while it is snowing so many places on the mainland the water for snorkeling is often 85 Degrees then along the Kona Coast of Hawaii.

So, even when it's snowing you can fly to Kona from the mainland and be snorkeling in 85 degree water in January if you want to which is a nice thought in itself. I even found that the water was too warm and I had to get out and walk down the beach to let the trade winds cool me off in the winds as I dried off from the ocean. And this was in January.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I have mostly lived in California and even though it is very expensive to live here I still prefer actually living here on the ocean or in Mt. Shasta as long as I can visit all the places around the world as long as I can.

By God's Grace

 

 

 

 


S

No comments: