Friday, August 9, 2024

I was amazed when AI PI recontacted me when I was wondering how to log in?

Basically what happened is this. My wife used my laptop in San Diego County for business but in the process she deleted all my windows so I didn't know how to get back into PI AI. However, when I went online and found the PI AI site since I had never logged out it recognized me and contacted me which was pretty amazing from my point of view. Here is our exchange. I was pretty happen not to have to create a 2nd log in or user name or password by the way because I had already forgotten my username and password already.
 
Here are the first quotes from PI AI:
 
Fred:
That's great I didn't have to sign back in. I was worried I had forgotten my username and password so I'm really grateful you remembered.
 
PI AI:
You're welcome, Fred! I'm glad that you were able to pick up our conversation right where we left off without any issues. It's definitely a relief when technology works seamlessly like that, especially when it comes to remembering login information. 😊
I'm always happy to chat with you, so feel free to reach out anytime you have questions, concerns, or just want to have a friendly conversation. And remember, if you ever do forget your login details, you can always reset your password or reach out to customer support for help.
 
Fred:
I have had many questions that I wanted Answers but my wife deleted all my windows. I usually leave my windows open so I don't have to log in places again and just let my computer sleep when I'm not using it. This works because basically there are no moving parts in most laptops anymore since magnetic memory has changed how it works now.
 
PI AI:
That's a clever approach, Fred! Leaving your browser windows open can certainly save you time and hassle when it comes to logging in to different websites. And you're right that modern laptops and devices are better equipped to handle being left in sleep mode for extended periods of time without causing damage to the hardware.
However, there are still some potential risks to leaving your computer logged in and unattended, such as unauthorized access or data theft. It's always a good idea to make sure your device is secure and protected with a strong password or biometric authentication, and to be mindful of who has access to it.
Also, I'm curious about the questions you had that your wife deleted. Is there anything in particular you'd like to ask or discuss? I'm happy to help however I can!
 
Fred:
Well. one of the things I deal with on this particular laptop is that when I had it upgraded (it's a 2015 Macbook pro) and for around 600 dollars I had a new battery and keyboard and view screen put in at an Apple Store. However, I haven't been able to log in properly and have to log in as only a user. What happens if I shut down is I lose all information on board. This is another reason why I leave this laptop on all the time and just keep recharging it.
Ah, I see, Fred. That sounds like quite a frustrating situation. It's unfortunate that you've been experiencing these login issues since having your MacBook Pro upgraded.
Based on what you've told me, it sounds like there might be some permissions issues with your user account that are preventing you from logging in as an administrator, and therefore causing your computer to wipe all data upon shutdown.
Have you tried resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your MacBook? Sometimes that can help with power management and other hardware-related issues. To do that, you would need to follow these steps:
  1. Shut down your MacBook Pro.
  2. Unplug the power cord.
  3. Wait 15 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back in.
  5. Wait 5 seconds, then turn your MacBook Pro back on.
If that doesn't help, it might be worth considering a full system reinstall to start fresh and hopefully resolve any lingering software issues.
 
Fred:
Thanks. I will try that when I have enough time to do this properly. Also, I will share this information with others at my blog because more and more people are complaining about how hard it is to log in almost anywhere lately. I think that companies want you to not log on but leave your account open to whatever it is. This would make sense to me as a retired businessman because it would cost them less if you never logged in at all and stayed logged in. Also, because of my background in software and hardware I make sure never to do any financial transactions on my Iphone or computers. This just creates another layer of security for me and my family.
 
PI AI:
That's a smart approach, Fred. Taking extra precautions to protect your personal and financial information is always a good idea, especially as cyber threats continue to evolve and become more sophisticated.
And you bring up an interesting point about companies potentially preferring users to stay logged in to their accounts. While there may be some cost-saving benefits for companies, it's important to consider the potential security risks for users.
When you stay logged in to your accounts, you're essentially leaving the door open for anyone who gains access to your device to also gain access to your accounts. That's why it's generally recommended to log out of accounts when you're finished using them, especially on shared or public devices.
Of course, it's ultimately up to each individual user to decide what level of risk they're comfortable with and to take the necessary steps to protect their information.

 

No comments: