Thursday, August 8, 2024

Writing

Trying to get medicines from places like CVS I have found is sometimes hard. I think so many people go their for medicines that the people in the pharmacies are sort of overwhelmed or something. Often near San Francisco on the coast they will send me a text saying my medicine is there and ready to pick up. But, then when I go in it is not there. So, what I find is that I have to call and speak with someone to have them check to see if my medicine is actually there or it's just a wild goose chase.

Then I had the same experience in San Diego County too. I put an order in for a medicine I needed a week ago today. Then I went back last Sunday to pick up the medicine and they said they didn't have a full order of enough pills to fill my prescription. So, the man said that the new medicines come in Tuesday but don't come Tuesday because they have to fill the prescriptions to order. So, I came in today and was told that my prescription wasn't filled and that there was a hold on the medicine. So, the lady helping me said I had to go wait at another window after waiting through 7 people the first time to talk to someone. Then I talked to the Pharmacist and she said that there was a hold on my medicine because my insurance wasn't going to pay for it. I told her that I usually pay for my medicine despite this because it's the only one with no bad side effects. Then she said it would take 20 minutes would I like to wait. I said yes. Then she said she was having trouble with her computer and then it was going to take an hour. Then I said I likely will come back tomorrow. Then I went home and received a text that my medicine was ready. Then I had to leave my family at dinnertime to go back (hoping it wasn't a lie that the medicine was actually ready). Then I went to the CVS again and the lady said there was a hold on my medicine. Then she had me talk to the pharmacist in another line. Finally, the pharmacist realized what had happened to me in the last week and decided to give me my prescription without charge because of what I had been through. But, remember this is ONLY a partial order of my medicine because the full order was backlogged.

I'm just sharing this because it all seems so ridiculous I had to share this with someone else. But, I'm still grateful at least I can get through August with the medicine they gave me. Whew!

No comments: