Friday, April 2, 2010

Clash of the Titans: The 1981 movie

I was watching Judi Bowker in the old 1981 "Clash of the Titans". My son, now 35,  pulled it out from our DVD collection as he loved it as a little boy(he was 6 in 1981). Once again I was amazed at the innocent beauty of

Image results for judy bowker

in this movie. So I Googled her filmography and realized that she was also in another movie my wife and I loved called 

Brother Sun, Sister Moon

  made in 1972 by Franco Zeffirelli.
Zeffirelli also made the

Romeo and Juliet (1968/I)

movie that I also greatly enjoyed.  Even though the old 1981 movie called "The Clash of the Titans special effects are now very dated I found the Medusa scene compelling even by today's standards in regard to action and placement. My son loved this movie and still loves it today.

 

No comments: