Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Whatever's Real

My daughter was telling me that I didn't even think about her until she was conceived. I told her that she had come to me as an angel wearing white with blue wings 5 months before she was conceived and I had agreed to be the angel's Dad. She didn't believe me. However, I have had interesting experiences before the birth of all three of my biological children.

I felt kind of hurt that she didn't believe me and that she couldn't accept this blessing. However, I was 13 and 14 once too and in a way understood this cynical point of view. As I walked down the hall I said, "Do you know why I say, 'whatever's real' all the time?" She said, "No." I said, "It's because there are a million descriptions to any reality." She said in perfect 14 year old speak, "So What!" However, my wife said in the next room. "Please say that again, Fred". And when I did she said, "That would be a good blog". So I decided to blog about it because it is an important thing for everyone to understand that is capable of understanding how important this is."

No comments: