Sunday, April 18, 2010

Silverwood Lake

I had never been there before so I took my son today up to Silverwood Lake. If you go up east up hiway 138 about 10 miles there is Silverwood Lake. The biggest city this is near is San Bernadino so from San Bernadino it is North on Interstate 15 and off at Cajon and up to the east on Hiway 138. This time of year all the spring flowers are out on the way to the lake which was quite beautiful to see. When we reached the lake there were many off road motorcycle enthusiasts in the area. They looked to be riding mostly 250s to 500s and many didn't have regular license plates. Anyway, I found a little stream heading into the lake and followed it up to a pull out and then went wading in the beautiful little stream like I have done in streams all over the U.S and around the world for at 55 or more years since I could walk in Seattle, Washington probably sometime between 1949 and 1950.

It's really amazing in an El Nino year like this one because you tend to see flowers you might not see again for another 5 or ten years when it rains this much again here in California.

No comments: