Friday, April 2, 2010

Mom, Dad and I 1950 to 1956

There are 4 photos in this blog article. Two on each larger photo. I have these photos of my parents and I on the cupboards above my desk where I store software. The one in the kitchen is of my mother at our kitchen in Lake Forest Park(a suburb of Seattle) in Washington State. The photo of my Mom and Dad in bathing suits is probably taken in summertime in my grandfather's black cherry and apple orchards there
in Lake Forest Park on one of the very few hot days in Seattle in the Summer. In the picture where my parents are all dressed up they were in charge of a church in Los Angeles. This was likely taken after a Sunday service at our home in Glendale, California where I lived in this house from 1956 until 1960. However, we lived in Glendale in three locations from 1956 until 1969. The last two locations I attended Woodrow Wilson Junior High School and Glendale High School and then I spent most of my senior year in High School in a private school in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I also attended Glendale College there in Glendale and studied Computer Data Processing which lead to a career for a few years in Computer programming and operations. During this time I bought a new 1968 Camaro which I kept for 10 years as it was like a member of my family.
You can see my Mom was making Alfamint tea which was a very healthy combination of Alfalfa and Mint in a tea form. I enjoyed this tea as there is about 9 months of relatively cold weather in Seattle every year from snow in the winter to just a whole lot of rainy and cloudy days. But when the sun is out it is one of the most beautiful places on earth like a Washington Rainforest almost. However, the forests then were so thick that one couldn't just wander through them like one could in California because everything tends to grow so thick together like in a Rainforest. We moved to California when I was 4 in 1952.

No comments: