Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New China Earthquake

 http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/

Rescuers race to save trapped quake victims



What is very strange to me is that there are over 748 earthquakes presently on the world USGS map which I find very strange because the average over the last 4 months has been somewhere between 150 and 250 at any given moment on the map. I find 748 earthquakes at once on the map somehow alarming worldwide.

Also, I know that a part of this uptick in quakes above 2.5 is the 70 quakes (probably aftershocks) after the Baja California quake recently. However, most of these 70 quakes are felt throughout Southern California and are keeping the people there on edge as well. Add to that aftershocks from all the major quakes since January and maybe I have answered my own question. But 748 quakes on the map?

No comments: