Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rock People 4-24-10

It was around the time I did my vision quest so it was around 1983 when I first learned about the "Rock People". At the time I wasn't sure what was going on. But later after I had had this experience I was told by a Native American medicine man that his tribe had communicated with the "Rock People" for hundreds of years or longer. My personal experience happened while I was depressed on day near Garripata down the coast on Hiway one near Big Sur. All of a sudden the rocks in the cliff overlooking the ocean began to communicate with me which had never happened before.

Because I have always been an intuitive telepathic conversations with, animals, birds, trees, the earth itself, porpoises and whales had always been normal for me. In fact sometimes I would pick up the mind of a whale and get in my car and drive to where it was calling me and the whale would be there waiting for me like a friend. You may not believe in all this but I can't deny it because I have experienced it all my life.

But this was the first time the Rocks talked to me and I found it strange because I wasn't used to this kind of conversation. Imagine something that has been alive or in this case many many somethings alive for millions of years and that remember the forming of the earth. So to it we humans are sort of like birds, very temporary as individual beings in bodies at least. So they sort of view us as their children. Trees are a little like this too because they live so long. Often a wise old tree will view us humans like their children in somewhat the way the rock people do to.

For a time after this experience I felt a little overwhelmed by it because it was so very different for me. However, the men in my family all have had this sense about cars and trucks and mechanical things where they could fix them and also know when they were going to break down so they wouldn't ever be hurt in an accident or anything like that. So, in that cars are mostly melted and processed rocks it sort of made sense that I could talk to where cars and trucks and planes originally came from. So, often I had a relationship with my cars where they would tell me before a tire went flat or something would break down so I would have a warning and be safe. Maybe it's something my family transferred over from Horses and wagons and those days somehow.

Anyway, within a few months of the rocks there on the ocean talking to me I asked a medicine man that I was sweating with in a sweat lodge about the rock people. He mentioned the rocks brought in from the fire that were red in the pit in front of us before he poured a bucket of water on them and the steam rose. He said, "These are some of the rock people and they are here to help us heal ourselves and get right with mother Earth." After that sweat round I went out to the river next to us in the mountains and lay on the rocks by the side of the river and spoke with these rocks to. And here is what they said, "The Rocks, your bones,
the River, your blood,
Your breath, the Sky"

I don't know about you but I felt this with every fiber of my being and it brought tears to my eyes from the deep truth of it.

No comments: