Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wall-E 4-13-10

I woke up and was so out of it this morning that I sat down and watched the last half of Wall-E (the Disney cartoon movie) that my daughter and I had watched the first half of a few days ago. I got to thinking about this scenario and decided intuitively that this had likely happened at least once on earth already and multiple times on many various planets throughout our galaxy. Can I prove this? Of course not. But I have found my intuition accurate enough to say this with it likely being a true statement.

Am I saying this happened exactly the way it did in Wall-E. No. What I'm saying is that this is not the first time that earth got technical and went into space and colonized other places and worlds and not the first time to wreck our ecology here on earth. And not the first time to eventually come back and recolonize when things were better here after most life died here and then began to reform.

No comments: