Thursday, April 22, 2010

www.silveos.com and cloud computing Betas

I'm probably not enough of a techie to go to this site and make any of my computers a beta cloud computer. First of all, my son says you need to be running IE8 (internet explorer 8) and after he downloaded the new cloud computing beta from silveos.com he was absolutely amazed by what he found. He said the internet and games ran twice as fast as any computer he had ever been on ever. So what he was saying is your little 200 dollar or 300 dollar computer would run as fast as a 3000 dollar one with this beta application. He says that it is like a browser within a browser. The reason it is so fast is that your computer is only like a command giver and the execution of those commands happens on other computers than your own. So I wouldn't recommend this for anything you want to do where you want privacy or security of any kind. However, for general internet stuff or for playing games he said that it screams it is so fast, the fastest he has ever seen on a PC anywhere.

I'm editing this through the silveOS operating system and yes it is very fast. I'm running a macbook Pro at 100 feet from my wifi transceiver location and using Firefox as a browser location and I've never seen it run as fast as it is right now. My son thought you couldn't run it on a Mac but I am so it actually is pretty easy.  You can go in as a guest into the operating system and it opens up in your browser as a browser within a browser. So remember to use the new browser forward and back buttons and not IE or Firefox or whatever browser you are presently using. Just experiment with stuff until you get it to work.

I clicked internet browser once I was in silveOS as a guest. Then I clicked on the rectangle to open up the 4 or 5 inch square into a larger window and I was on my way. I found that Google operates slightly differently in this beta cloud computing format and I wasn't able to make online videos work but as long as I was just surfing the internet reading stuff it was lightning fast for me on this cloud computing beta. However, videos work fine if you click on the youtube.com Icon in the first window.

Note: just to add to this all this is just an experiment for me. Hopefully if you try cloud computing you should do it while it is still free. Eventually, my son says that companies are going to  make people pay for this super fast service and that eventually all high end searches and videos and gaming likely will be done through this super fast cloud computing method.

No comments: