Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Will Fountain of Youth Pill be Available Soon?


Harvard University Doctor Turns Back Time on Aging: Will an Anti-Aging Pill Be Available Soon?


Above is the news article. Click "Anti-Aging" above to read full article. Below find quote from article. begin quote.

He predicts that eventually a pill containing telomerase will be available for humans. It will reverse the signs of aging that have occurred and bring back a youthful vitality and appearance. The drug could be taken during the 40s or 50s to help impede the onset of serious illnesses like heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and other diseases that occur most commonly in the elderly. end quote.


I'm very interested in this quote because of something one of my teachers shared with me years ago in the form of what I would call a parable of sorts. Here it is: 


"If you live to be 100 you will see 500.
If you live to see 500 you will see 1000
If you live to see 1000 you will see 5000"


My reaction at the time was: "I'll believe it when I see it."


I think this parable  is potentially true for all of us now.

No comments: