Monday, February 19, 2018

adapting to the real Internet world

I've been having a quandary lately because of HTTPS. I have been trying to figure out a way to not have problems with it at this site. The world changes and trying to find a way to adapt to these changes often can be the best way. It's sort of like driving on a freeway and someone comes up fast behind you, especially in California. Often it is better to go over one lane to the right until they pass. This way you avoid road rage and being shot by someone who might be off balance.

In a similar way one must adapt to the realities of the Internet. What I'm realizing talking to my wife tonight is I might try going back to a formula I used before which reminds me a little like Twitter in this sense. I think I have to not quote whole quoted articles but go back to just giving the word buttons even though that might reduce some people's capacity to read those articles in countries other than the U.S. and Europe some.

Why?

Because HTTPS in the U.S. and Europe is shutting my blog out I believe more and more. So, maybe if I go back to ONLY putting interesting word buttons along with whatever I write or commentary on whatever is within those articles But ONLY putting down the word buttons themselves MAYBE HTTPS will screw up my site readership less (at least in Europe and the U.S.).

There is something about what happens when you quote a full article (even though you also give credit for who wrote the article through a word button.

So, maybe if I reduce down to JUST the word button this will solve the problem that seems to be arising from HTTPS in the U.S. Canada and Europe?

No comments: