Thursday, February 22, 2018

Infant death rates are higher in rural America - but not for all causes

Infant death rates are higher in rural America - but not for all causes
However, it has always been this way down through time because when there is an emergency during birth often the baby will die in a rural setting. However, 90% of the time it is possible (if the mother is healthy) to deliver a baby at home likely without even a doctor if people know what they are doing. However, the liability for doing this in most states prevents people from doing this. For example, my oldest son was born to my 1st wife and I and no one was there but us. However, she was 21 and I was 26 and she insisted on this after we took a Lamaze course. My son now has a Bachelor of Science degree is married with a son and is 43. My son was born likely for less than $50 dollars then in 1974 in California even if I include the Lamaze Course too which was $25 then. So, on top of the Lamaze course we got shoestring (to tie off the umbilical cord), d)enatured alcohol (to sterilize every thing to prevent infections) and a pair of scissors (to cut the umbilical cord) at the right time. also you have to wait for the placenta to deliver too. I was lucky (and very naive then) (so I would never do this again). When my 1st wife was crowning I told her to go sit on the toilet as that would be a more natural place to relax and let the baby out. It was very lucky I did this because it would have ruined our carpet in the bedroom and maybe the whole apartment. Because I did not consider Amnionic fluid and it is like an ocean inside of a pregnant woman and this all whoooshes out with the baby too which filled the bathroom floor up to about 2 to 3 inches deep then of fluid and blood and everything else that is inside a pregnant woman's womb. So, I was very very grateful then I hadn't ruined all the carpets in the apartment we were renting and had to pay for replacement of them all. After all, I was only 26 then. What did I really know about anything yet? I thought I knew a lot but looking back we were just very lucky. Then we found out that we were the ONLY ones in our Lamaze class to have natural childbirth. when we met our group they all had a panic attack about us doing this. We just thought it was funny at the time. But, it's also true that both my wife then and I were very intuitive and kind of knew what to do intuitively in addition to learning Lamaze methods for delivery as well then.

when I put "Lamaze" into Google Search this is what came up.


The Lamaze method, developed by the French obstetrician Ferdinand Lamaze, has been used in the United States since the late '50s and remains one of the most commonly taught types of childbirth classes. In the early days, the focus was on using controlled breathing techniques to cope with labor.

The Lamaze method of childbirth | BabyCenter

https://www.babycenter.com/0_the-lamaze-method-of-childbirth_640.bc
People also ask

Lamaze for Parents : Lamaze for Parents

https://www.lamaze.org/
Lamaze teaches parents healthy birth practices for safe childbirth and labor. Participate in Lamaze child birthing classes for healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Find an educator in your area to take Lamaze childbirth education classes to help you prepare for a safe and healthy birth.

begin quote from:

Infant death rates are higher in rural America - but not for all causes

No comments: