The Forbidden Kingdom has already made 20.8 million dollars in the US in one weekend. Obviously, it is number 1 at theaters. Some may see this as pure escapist fare. However, for serious martial arts people and adepts like myself it is much more than that. It is a metaphor for the path. The way the young man is the seeker and is also trained and groomed by his teachers in an alternate time and world at the same time is the way things actually work in this amazing universe we live in.
When I started out in life I assumed life was one thing. Later I found out it is many things and not really at all what I was thinking in my 20s. However, without my idealism and, yes, even cynicism, and discernment I would not be alive today. Without compassion, idealism, cynicism and pragmatism I would not be alive and turning 60 this month.
This movie is a metaphor for most peoples lives the way they actually are. To understand this is to be wise.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- real world physics context for a tsunami: A tsunami usually travels at the speed of a jet Airliner or therabouts
- Lindsay Clancy trial highlights need to rethink postpartum care, advocates say: "The duty is on the system"
- U.S. 2 dead after multiple people shot at Minneapolis apartment building: Police
- The Ring of Fire is a 40,000-kilometer (25,000-mile), horseshoe-shaped zone around the Pacific Ocean basin where about 90% of the world's earthquakes and 75% of its volcanic activity occur.
- Family members speak out as Lincoln docks in Thailand after record 9 months at sea
- House rejects GOP effort to ban Supreme Court expansion in Constitution
- MapQuest hits No. 1 on App Store after refusing to rename Lake Ontario
- Elon Musk-backed super PAC spends $800,000 to back GOP midterm candidates 5H ago
- Amid public outcry, Tarrant County, Texas cuts polling locations ahead of 2026 midterm elections
- Dark money in Texas Senate race spurs Talarico complaint to FEC against Paxton
No comments:
Post a Comment