Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vital Vitamin Facts

Vital Vitamin Facts.
Begin quote:
VITAL VITAMIN FACTS
Vitamin A: Found in: Oily fish, eggs and liver; Good for: Thought to boost immune system, and help skin, sight and sperm formation
Vitamin C: Found in: Many fruit and vegetables; Good for: Helps heal wounds and assists the body in absorbing iron, may boost the immune system
Vitamin E: Found in: Vegetable oils, seeds and nuts; Good for: May help boost circulation and keep elderly people active
Beta-carotene: Found in: Vegetables that are reddish-orange in colour; Good for: May boost vision and keep the mind sharp
Selenium: Found in: Butter, nuts, liver and fish; Good for: May boost the immune system
How many take vitamins? Between 10-20% of people in the West
How much is the global market worth? About $2.5bn (£1.3bn) endquote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7349980.stm

I myself grew up in a family with a father who had studied with Paul Bragg just like Jack LaLanne did. So my Dad got my mother to take about 80 vitamins a day while I was in gestation during pregnancy. So I came out exceptionally strong physically and the biggest baby ever born in that hospital at 24 inches long.

As a child I sort of rebelled against the comfrey wheat germ avocado smoothies for health and gravitated more toward junk food as a form of rebellion from all the healthy food. However, my girlfriends starting when I was about 20 were all very alternative and into health foods. So I gravitated back toward health foods and vitamins again. When my second marriage broke up in my mid 40s I refused to take antidepressants and instead turned to Mega B vitamin stresstabs and that worked actually better for me long term. Mega B stresstab vitamins and lots of healthy fun exercise will get you through almost any problems you might encounter in life. Another vitamin that might help to keep one from dropping into clinical depression is 5-HTP which is the first part of (I believe) the organic chemical produced by the body called seritonin that is what causes (runners high) when running long distances. 5-HTP is manufactured by NOW products and you can obtain it at Whole Foods and other health food stores. I only take this when I find myself going into an unhealthy depressed place to kick myself out of there. I usually only need to take this once each night for two successive nights to feel better.

I believe in moderation in all things. Vitamins like C and B are lifesavers. In fact, Trader Joe's makes a sublingual B-12 that keeps your brain from going into alzheimers or senile dementia if you stomache starts to not be able to process B vitamins like in many people over 50. The sublingual is placed under the tongue and goes directly into your blood so it avoids the stomache for people over 50.

No comments: