Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where does Electricity come From?

Where does Electricity come from. I'm not asking the question you might think.

First of all, yes, electricity comes from breaking the field of a magnet with usually a copper coil. And yes, an electric motor and a generator are actually the same thing except one generates and one receives the electricity which makes its armature spin from the electrons hitting the coil and going into the magnet and back out to the generator(Alternating current).

However, I'm asking a different question. What I'm asking is where do the electrons come from? Do they come from random atoms of earth, from the magnetic fields of earth, from the magnets whose fields are broken? Also, if Nicola Tesla could make the pastures and fields in Boulder, Colorado electrified so electricity was free for everyone why don't we do that?

Everyone is very clear that we get electricity from breaking the magnetic fields of a magnet with usually a copper coil continuously. However, where we are draining electrons and electricity from whether it be random atoms or magnetic fields has not been ever properly answered for me.

All other commodities are limited like air, water,oil, gasoline, etc. What are the consequences of draining so many electrons from earth? No one has ever given me a satisfactory answer to this question.

So I ask other related questions. Does generating so much electricity affect the spin of earth, the distance to the sun, our weather? Where does this electricity come from and what are the consequences of using so much of it?

Solar energy seems safe to convert to electricity. I don't really know and I'm not sure anyone has the answer I seek regarding mass generation of electricity using magnet and coils and that bothers me. Why aren't other people concerned about this question? No resources are unlimited. What are the long term consequences of draining so much electricity from where? The earth?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good post, i have been writing somethings like these myself at http://ravisblog.com. Pl have a look and post your comments.