Friday, April 11, 2008

Frontier Air Lines Files Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Frontier Air files Bankruptcy. On April 9th I wrote an article here called "Four Airlines Stopped flying in the last month." Though Frontier is still in business and will continue flying under Chapter 11 protection there is always the chance that they might stop flying as well. I have not researched this but if you are really interested in this an interesting article might be the state of airlines all over earth at this point in time and the effects of the increase in prices from loss of service because of this upon businesses and private travelers.

In my case a trip we planned to Hawaii we canceled because the price jumped from 600 per person to 1700 per person (in dollars) because of the end of ATA and Aloha. In addition to this I realized even if I had a ticket I might not go because I and my family could get stuck there for a week or more because of the problems with the inspections upon MD-80 jets belonging to American Airlines. This is creating a really big problem for travelers across the US and into Hawaii and beyond. At least on mainland US one can rent a private plane, travel Amtrac by rail or rent a car or truck or travel by Greyhound bus or something like that. However, if you are in Hawaii it is only plane or ship back to the mainland and if you have a job or business or aren't fairly well off this could be a serious travel problem for you.

No comments: