Saturday, May 28, 2016

Alaskan Bush Family

I have enjoyed this program on TV even though I often wonder if this is actually real or whether these charactors have exaggerated their life for TV. But, I also remember living an (Off the grid life) from 1980 to 1985 in Mt. Shasta 10 miles from the nearest small town or even gas station or store or even electricity or phones of McCloud then and home schooled my kids with my now ex-wife. Those kids are now all grown up and are 42 to 45 years of age and successful in their lives and all are married and my son has had my grandson. But, when I watch this program I remember how alive and close to the earth you have to be to live like this with no TV or electricity, no 911, you have to completely rely on each other in all ways or you might die. So, in this story we get a feeling of how settlers as they settled farms and ranches and homesteads across the U.S. actually wore who survived by watching this family today and how they relate to one another. Because this is a lot of what it looks like to be alone in the wilderness with no one to save you but you and God in any given moment.

You see in them an aliveness and a constant innovativeness and inventiveness which is how America got to be exactly the way it is now.

No comments: