Saturday, December 24, 2016

Hail on the northern California Coast

I was taking a nap like I often do before I take my heart medicine at night around 9 to 10 pm when I heard what sounded like Hail outside last night December 23rd. So, I got up suddenly to see this force of nature on my deck in the back yard area. We never get actual snow here so to get snow all over our deck and back yard is the next best thing. So, we knew Christmas would be special after all this and so far it has been through Christmas eve. Now, it's close to midnight and it was mentioned (the hail) on the news so I was reminded to blog about it.
  1. Hail - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HailCached
    Hail is a form of solid precipitation. It is distinct from American sleet (called ice pellets outside of the United States), though the two are often ...
  2. hail 1 (hāl) n. 1. Precipitation in the form of spherical or irregular pellets of ice larger than 5 millimeters (0.2 inch) in diameter, usually associated with ...

No comments: