- Hail is a form of solid precipitation. It is distinct from American sleet (called ice pellets outside of the United States), though the two are often ...
- hail 1 (hāl) n. 1. Precipitation in the form of spherical or irregular pellets of ice larger than 5 millimeters (0.2 inch) in diameter, usually associated with ...
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Blumenthal urges House to pass Russia sanctions amid "extreme urgency" in Ukraine
- Myasthenia gravis is not considered more prevalent overall in Middle Eastern populations compared to global rates, but regional studies note that patients in Arab countries often develop the condition at a younger age.
- The most interesting fact for me regarding the last 3 articles:
- Victims' families remember Nazi ship sunk with prisoners on board
- “Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity they think of you.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- This is part of my research for learning about when the last small ice age was between 10,000 and 20,000 years ago in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- NASA launches its Roman Space Telescope to explore the hidden universe
- Rare 1930s Watch Stashed in Old Jewelry Box Sells for $80,000 in Thrilling UK Auction
- real world physics context for a tsunami: A tsunami usually travels at the speed of a jet Airliner or therabouts
- Lindsay Clancy trial highlights need to rethink postpartum care, advocates say: "The duty is on the system"
Saturday, December 24, 2016
Hail on the northern California Coast
I was taking a nap like I often do before I take my heart medicine at night around 9 to 10 pm when I heard what sounded like Hail outside last night December 23rd. So, I got up suddenly to see this force of nature on my deck in the back yard area. We never get actual snow here so to get snow all over our deck and back yard is the next best thing. So, we knew Christmas would be special after all this and so far it has been through Christmas eve. Now, it's close to midnight and it was mentioned (the hail) on the news so I was reminded to blog about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment