Saturday, December 31, 2016

Why do I believe in God?

Starting at age 2 Physical, mental, emotional and spiritual suffering so great it would have killed most other people. But, in my case it only in the end turned me into a servant of God and one of his many intuitives. It did not, however, make me believe every religion on earth. It was a direct experience where "God is where you find him, her, the being".

So, my path started as a mystical Christian as a child and since I am very ecumenical I added things I learned from all the good spiritual beings in my life along the way.

I also learned to see believing in God as scientific in that it helped keep me alive and so science both medical and regular science are a part of my belief in God. So, I apply the scientific method even to my own belief in God because I find this useful.

But, more important than believing in anything I find to be "Kindness towards myself and all beings in the universe in the past, present and future."

This only makes sense in the context of understanding myself and the whole universe and therefore understanding God too, as much as any human can actually understand a being that created the past, present and future of the whole universe as well as all the thoughts and dreams of our creative endeavors here on earth or beyond.

No comments: