Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Aida from Marvel's Agents of Shield

This season they changed the time from 9pm to 10pm for Marvel's agents of Shield and I missed that change so it didn't record on my DVR TIVO. So, we had to purchase the season on Amazon Prime through my Roku to stream onto our large flat screen in the living room. So, I'm way back in the beginning of the season now because of this to AIDA who appears to be something that reminds me a little of Purple Delta 7. I'll have to see where all this goes but it reminds me of another example of a technological singularity.

The way it is explained so far is that AIDA was something like Siri (or Alexa) who you can talk to and ask questions like through your phone. I personally won't use this type of software because as a software engineer I know it is designed to steal away as much of your privacy as possible and to take anything you are saying in your home and keeping it for (who knows what) worldwide in the cloud.

However, AIDA could be thought of as Siri or Alexa or something else like this installed in a human looking and acting body that you could talk to or make love to before it kills you one day or night. (or something even worse).

So, the presentation of a Technological singularity as a woman's voice or even in a woman's body makes complete sense to me. By being female you feel less threatened and are therefore more vulnerable to whatever comes.

Because this isn't really a female and isn't really safe. It is not flesh and blood and only mimics human behavior for ulterior purposes.

Also, when "Ghost Rider" that Nicolas Cage plays in a movie suddenly shows up in agents of Shield I thought, "What??" So, I had to look up on my phone to see if Ghost Rider is owned by marvel and it was.  But, how funny is it that Ghost rider shows up in Agents of Shield?

No comments: