Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Some of the advantages and disadvantages of being a vegetarian at any age

When I actually went to India and met other vegetarians they seemed kind of spacey to me likely because they might not have gotten enough protein growing up.

However, here in the U.S. most people are wealthy enough (if they study health) to raise their kids to be healthy and to be a vegetarian too.

However, unless you are going to go all the way and feed your kids out of an organic place like Whole Foods or grow your own organic food like many of my friends do (one friend says his diet is 70% grown by him in Mt. Shasta.)

And he was raised from birth a lacto-ovo vegetarian for religious reasons. I also had this experience until I was about 32 in 1980 when I realized having the capacity to eat meat might be an advantage rather than getting sick any time I tried it. So, I slowly introduced a couple of things in my diet in less than 1% of my diet then. Now I would say meat (turkey and chicken and sometimes fish) is less than 1% to 5 % of my diet. However, I know I feel much less spacey when I eat a little turkey bacon or chicken every so often.

HOwever, what I can say for sure is I likely wouldn't have survived my heart virus in 1998 and 1999 unless I was raised a lacto-ovo vegetarian because most people's meat diet kills them partly because by the time they get something like this their arteries are too clogged to survive it like I did.

Whereas when I went to STanford Medical (near Stanford University) for my angiogram and electric heart stimulation they said during the angiogram that none of the doctors there had ever seen arteries as clear as mine were ever.

So, is it good to be raised a vegetarian? YEs and NO.

There are a lot of things you have to watch for like getting enough protein and if you are going to be a vegetarian you should be an organic only vegetarian as much as possible as that will tend to lengthen your life and give you much less problems than eating veggies covered with pesticides and herbicides.

For example, many pesticides used now are neurotoxins which  cause bees to have such neurological problems that they cannot even find their hives and they die. This same factor likely is one of the causes of Alzheimers and senile dementia.

No comments: