Monday, May 28, 2018

Surviving

I think the hardest things for me to deal with in life have been public school and employers. Both sort of made life miserable for me most of the time.

But, good came from difficult employers in that it made me really want to start my own businesses so I did. And as bad as school was (except for a few teachers here and there along the way) I always loved learning even though I hated school. I just wanted to learn whatever I wanted to learn that day not what teachers wanted to teach me necessarily. And a lot of bad employers from age 10 to 20 to 28 led me to start my own business at 28 when I was qualified to do that and to continue either buying or starting my own businesses after that ongoing from ages 28 onwards. And in addition to this as bad as grade school (and especially junior high school was) High School wasn't as bad because I actually liked studying French and learning to speak Parisian French without an American Accent. (even though I cannot understand French people because they just talk so fast I cannot figure out what they are saying.

So, eventually I went to college and I found I loved college no matter what I was studying. The problem became for me that I wasn't good at finishing night classes. So, unless I was taking a day class I usually didn't finish the class. So, I wound up getting jobs after 3 pm to 9 or 10 pm so I could take day classes so I could pass those classes.

Then I wanted to be a psychologist but then my live in girlfriend got pregnant and I knew I couldn't hold onto her and my son in my life if I was also going to college so I went to work to support us instead at age 26 when she was pregnant with my son and pretty much kept working from then on or starting my own businesses always after that.

So, I guess what I'm saying here is often the things you hate the most often lead to unusual things you might not expect.

So, remember always to be an opportunist and to be adaptable. Because " Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans". Always!

No comments: