Thursday, July 19, 2018

Do you believe what you need to believe in order to survive your life?

If you cannot answer this question then you are in serious trouble right now.

This maybe the single most powerful thing I know about human beings.

What does a human being need to believe to feel safe and to survive their lives?

It might be different for every single person on earth somewhat.

But, I can unequivocally say: "If you cannot answer this question you are in serious trouble and might not be alive much longer."

What do I need to be okay?

I need to believe I have an immortal soul and that there is an afterlife.

This I can state to you.

Otherwise, I might consider getting in my car and driving off a cliff soon if I was single. However, now I'm 70 years old and have a wife and three children, 1 grandchild, 2 step children, 1 adopted daughter and one god daughter so I have responsibilities and I probably would stay alive at this point even if I didn't believe in anything just out of loyalty alone to all of them.

But, if I was a single person not believing in anything why wouldn't I just drive off a cliff with my car if I didn't believe in anything?

Because I couldn't do that to my parents because they were really good people. And I couldn't do that to my friends because they didn't deserve to live with me having offed myself.

However, each of us is different in some ways.

BUT, what we all have in common is that if we don't believe what we need to believe to survive our lives then often we don't.

No comments: