Saturday, July 21, 2018

mouthwash helps if you have any teeth that are implants

This I have found over the last several years. I have only one implant in one of my front teeth. I have several root canals but basically I still have all my adult teeth but one that is an implant. My cousin says things like (I wish all my teeth were implants) but that's not me. The one I had to have become an implant caused me so much trouble over 2 or 3 years that it wound up costing around 20,000 dollars to solve all the problems. So, from my point of view you don't want implants unless it is your very last choice. And also, I have heard from dentists that a front tooth is the hardest one to make work right for some reason. I think it is because one of your front teeth has only one root instead of I think it is normally 4 roots for a molar for stability. Whereas your front teeth are your carnivorous teeth that are more for ripping and tearing food like a dog or something ripping food apart. Your molars are more like cow teeth that are used for chewing things that are vegetables and fruits.

Anyway, if you use a good mouthwash and you swish it through the tooth or teeth you had changed into implants it reduces problems you might have by killing the germs that might cause gum problems or infections down the line. If I use mouthwash every day and swish underneath my implant everything is almost always good. It's nice to still have all my adult teeth but one and my wisdom teeth now at 70.

When I was growing up in the 1950s most people I met had lost most or all of their teeth by 40 or 50. My father made sure I kept all my teeth and I thank him for being that educated.

No comments: