Saturday, July 14, 2018

The easiest way to understand HTML

IF you first understand that all programming languages are just that: Languages.

So, you begin by learning a new language which translates what you want to do to create in this case
a webpage or a series of webpages.

It is much easier if you want to learn to program in HTML to start simply. For example,
learn first
but the problem with explaining to you is that likely when I save this you won't see
 the <    then br then > because the HTTP will actually execute the command rather than display it for you. However you might see the second version because I put spaces and then br with the brackets far enough apart.  br or Break command simply means to start another line of text. another easy command is or paragraph.

Once again I will separate the command so hopefully HTTP doesn't execute the HTML command right on this page.  < then P for Paragraph then > in other words.

This though it is simple is very useful if you are a blogger just knowing this much because you can start new paragraphs knowing this and you can also prevent a line going off to the right of your screen literally forever by the break command in HTML.

NOte: I was right the HTTP and HTML executed the command I was displaying for you, evidenced by the "learn first" then it executed the "Break" command to "but" above. So, in a compose mode you cannot even put HTML commands without the HTTP and HTML executing them. However, there likely is a way to do this that I haven't thought of yet for those of you who are more experienced HTML programmers than I am presently.

For me, all programming after I learned Fortran and Cobol in college in the late 1960s was completely on a "NEED TO KNOW" basis. In other words if I"m not being paid to program and am doing this for fun of learning something new I can do whatever I want to.

So, I teach myself what I find useful in any programming language. And as other things become useful to know I teach myself about those things too.

So, unless you are being paid to learn or to work in programming you have complete free will as to what you learn or don't want to learn about anything in life.

I find as a retired person now that I allow myself to learn about whatever interests me most or what I find is the most important to human survival: mine and everyone else's on earth.

Also, it also executed the paragraph command rather than displaying it too. It did this between "is or paragraph" and "Once again I will separate the command. So, you can see the paragraph the command created on this page.

No comments: