Sunday, September 9, 2018

Is Elon Musk having a Howard Hughes kind of meltdown?

They both are (or were in the case of Howard Hughes) extreme workaholics. But, you can only keep that up for so long before your mind and body give out. So, unless you can find some way to regroup at some point and delegate responsibility it is often curtains for someone like that at the very least psychologically. Will Elon Musk Recover?

I was never a workaholic but my father was. Then I got a heart virus and was forced to retire at age 50.  It was likely on some levels the best thing that ever happened to me because I could either

A. Die
or
B. Retire

There were no other choices at the time because I couldn't work without dying for 8 months while my heart healed itself.

I have noticed by being forced to retire at age 50 it also forced me to adapt to getting older and not pretending I was still 25 years old because doing that at 50 will kill you often. So, by accepting my age (50) (Elon Musk is 47 now by the way) I survived and I'm still alive at 70. Never expected to be here and to be as happy as I am at 70 by the way. Life is amazing but sometimes you have to learn to "Die to Self" to stay alive. And even at 50 it still took me 5 years to get fully used to being retired. But having done that I might last another 50 years (at least psychologically and maybe physically too). I still go skiing in the winter and snorkeling in Hawaii and walk every time I can through the woods. And even though our two dogs died of old age this year we are thinking about getting two new ones so I can walk in the forests and along the ocean with them too. By God's Grace.

Something to think about?

No comments: