Thursday, September 27, 2018

I went to the newer Moulin Rouge in 2009 with my family

They still have performances there (I think) it looks like this now.
Cabaret in Paris, France


Moulin Rouge is a cabaret in Paris, France. The original house, which burned down in 1915, was co-founded in 1889 by Charles Zidler and Joseph Oller, who also owned the Paris Olympia. Wikipedia
Address: 82 Boulevard de Clichy, 75018 Paris, France
Opened: October 6, 1889
Function: Cabaret
Capacity: 850
Did you know: For the second time, the show took place in France, at the Moulin Rouge. wikipedia.org

I went there with my wife and two daughters in 2009 when we visited Paris France and Versailles then and visited the Louvre and the Seine and the Eiffel tower then as well. Then we took the TGV (high speed train to Nice on the French Riviera (cote d'azure) and rented a Mercedes and drove to Monaco and visited castles and interesting places on the French Riviera then. In Nice we enjoyed staying at the Roosevelt hotel then.

Hotel Roosevelt Nice, France - Booking.com

https://www.booking.com › ... › Alpes-Maritimes › Nice Hotels
 Rating: 7.8/10 - ‎1,310 reviews - ‎Price range: Prices for upcoming dates start at $85 per night (We Price Match)
In the heart of Nice, Best Western Roosevelt is just a 5-minute walk from the Promenade des Anglais.

I was really amazed at the hundreds of private jets parked at the Nice Airport from people who likely lived mostly in Monaco or who were visiting there. Also, there were amazing expensive Yachts in Monaco harbor likely more than I have ever seen anywhere I have ever been. It's a really different place than anywhere else I've been.

No comments: