Saturday, September 29, 2018

Regarding quoted articles at this site

My wife says to me, "Why do you put articles at your blog that don't load right? It makes your site seem a mess."

Here is my response to that. "What I try to do is to give everyone word buttons or failing that a URL so they can visit this site if they are in the U.S. or somewhere you can do that. However, for people who cannot do that with a word button or URL in many countries you cannot reach U.S. or other nations sites. So, for them I quote articles that often don't load right for whatever the reason.

So, what I guess I expect people to realize is I provide either a word button or a URL so you can have clearer copy than I can provide at this site. When I run software (usually HTML or Javascript) through an automatic coder like they have here at blogger.com almost anything can and will happen. So, what I'm giving you is the best I can do with automatic coders. I'm not willing to recode everything and debug everything for this site when I quote it. It's just too time consuming and even then often it wouldn't work for a variety of reasons.

So, what I'm sharing is what is practical for me to do even if it doesn't load perfectly when I'm quoting other sites.

However, my wife is not a computer programmer but does have an MBA in Business specializing in Non-profits. So, she is very knowledgable just in a different general direction than I am knowledgeable.

No comments: