Thursday, September 20, 2018

Is it important to Believe in God?

It is up to you whether you believe in God. However, if you don't believe in human kindness it could be the end of you.

This is my experience after watching people for 70 years during my life. For example, I went to Bodhgaya and got the Kalachakra initiation with my family in 1985 in December with the Dalai Lama along with about 500,000 other people mostly in native Dress from Tibet and surrounding areas. About 10,000 of us were from western nations with a western education there too like Japan, China, South and North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand etc.

While I was there I realized these were all people who didn't believe in God like we do here in the U.S. Instead they believed in Buddha and compassion and kindness to themselves and others. I found them generally speaking to be much kinder and sweeter people than most Christians I have met mostly because their lives are much harder than people here. So, they were sweet and kind and devout in a way I had never seen anywhere before.

But, I can't say it's still like that in Asia because I haven't been back since April 1986 when I came home with my family after 4 months in Japan, Thailand, India and Nepal.

So, is it important  to believe in God?

Not necessarily. But it is important to believe in compassion and human kindness otherwise people's lives tend to be pretty short.

by God's Grace










No comments: