Sunday, October 7, 2018

Kavanaugh is in partly because Millenials have chosen not to vote

This is not really a criticism of Millennials by the way. My two daughters are millennials so I understand the millennial point of view quite well through they and their friends I have talked to.

If I were to tell you the primary problem of Millennials it would be "Idealism". I was idealistic too but I had to give that up by about age 21 just to survive. Millennials band together online in their idealism and they refuse to give up their idealism and it's partly why Kavanaugh is in the Supreme court. Because Rightest people are more practical and ruthless than Millennials.

The problem with being idealistic at the level of Millennials is hard decisions often never get made. I know they reinforce their idealism online through various social media which makes them feel stronger in this way. However, reality is there whether you idealize through it or not.

So, the problem of Kavanaugh I can put a lot at the feet of millennials for "Not Growing UP" like I was forced to do by age 21 which made me basically "suicidal" for 4 years time until my son was born and I got married a month before he was born.

Life is very very harsh and living in Idealism likely prevents many suicides but at some point you have to hit the point where "The Shit hits the fan" like every adult that made it successfully to 30 that I know has had to hit also.

The longer you live in an idealistic fantasy world the longer you are not dealing fully with reality.

We all know how we would like the world to be. It's not like that right now.

And the world we live in is the one we have to deal with if we don't want to spend our whole lives living in a idealistic fantasy of what we would actually like it to be.

If you travel around the world most places suck much worse than the U.S. We live in a Disneyland here compared to most of the rest of the world.

Think about this for a moment if you are a Millennial. How do we make this world here in the U.S. Better?

We can start with idealism but unless we end up with pragmatism and practicality we end up with nothing in the beginning, in the middle and in the end.








No comments: