Friday, May 19, 2023

If you have Medicare and enough money to live you likely will live to 90 or 100 if you are here in the U.S.

My son who graduated in 2010 from a southern California State University with honors in nursing with a bachelor's of Science in nursing was telling me that all the old notions of death and aging are now out the window in this new brave new world we live in now and will on into the future.

So, if you now have medicare and enough money to live you often will see those people (including yourselves) live to 90 or 100 and eventually even beyond that to 125 to 150 years old or more.

It's sort of like how we see Model T fords still running today from the early 1900s. Replacement parts. For example, my wife now has a knee replacement and a hip replacement and will get another hip replacement by next Christmas and likely another knee replacement by the following year. In the past, someone would just be suffering or die or on crutches the rest of their lives instead of this much better outcome. Her mother has had knees and hips replaced too and is 93 I believe and her best friend has had both hips replaced too and both my wife and her friend are in their mid to late 60s.

And I have had a pacemaker and one of my front teeth is an implant now with the titanium shaft going up into the bone to stay permanently there. I have also had laparoscopic surgery for a burst appendix and Am still alive at 75 despite all these things.

As time goes on if you have medicare more things will be replaced over time. I recently found out one of my ex-wives has had two cataract surgeries on her eyes which I didn't know before either.

My male friends have both had hernia surgeries from the best robotics hernia surgeon in the western U.S.

The point is once you get on Medicare and once you figure out how to use it you might easily live to 100 years old.

This is just how life really is now in the U.S.

Even in my own case I have now been retired since I was 50 because of health reasons. My step son is a retired Fire Captain and he is about 50 years old too now. So, I have already been retired 25 years and I'm 75 years old at present. So, what I'm saying here is that you might live far longer than any of your relatives like I appear to be doing too. My mother and her mother and her 2 sisters all lived to be 90 years old. And I have a Great Grandfather who almost made it to 100 years old in Kansas and his wife made it to 105 years of age and lived into the early 1950s even though her husband my great grandfather was a Captain for the northern Army during the Civil War. However, my father died of cancer at 69 and his older brother died at around 73 or 74 from heart problems. So, I have already outlived both my father and my uncle so far.

By God's Grace

No comments: