Saturday, March 23, 2024

Visiting Rewalsar in early 1986 in Himachal Pradesh State in India

begin partial quote from: https://intuitivefred888.blogspot.com/2024/03/memories-chapter-16.html

 Ragna said," Were taking off from India, Jonathan, and going toward Hawaii." Okay, but will I ever see my family again?" " Time travel is as safe as when you rode to Japan on that 747 Jonathan." "I guess it's okay." Said Jonathan. But he was mostly dazzled, awed, and in some kind of psychological shock. He kept telling himself that this was a dream even though he knew quite well it wasn't. He knew, however, that pretending it was a dream was useful in maintaining long term mental stability in a situation like this.

As the awesome rose into the sky the Tibetan monks beat their drums and chanted their puja to Padmasambhava. They watched the purple violet meteorite move up and shoot across the sky.

end quote from above URL.

I was reading this today and it brought back my still very clear memories of early 1986 around the time of Lotsar (Tibetan New Years)

This year it was Sat, Feb 10, 2024 – Mon, Feb 12, 2024.

And I was remembering staying at the Nyingma Monastery there in Rewalsar on the Lake. They put me up in like a penthouse above the main yard of the Monastery and they chanted (10 or 20 monks) the Dorje Drollo ( a Padmasambhava Puja) all night long. I felt like I was transported 1000 years ago by this puja or prayer lasting all night long and I felt empowered in a different way than I had ever experienced before. I had been staying with my family in Dharamshala, also in Himachal Pradesh State in the hills of the Himalayas the previous few weeks. But, coming to Rewalsar was very magical in a way I had never experienced before in this lifetime. However, I had also been taken to see Ling Rinpoche who was the Dalai Lama's Regent who ran Tibet until the Dalai Lama was 18 years old for him. Both seeing Ling Rinpoche who had been meditating for 2 years non-stop and not eating during that time I asked the monks caring for him whether he was ever going to wake up again and they said "no.'

Also, my father had passed away about 6 months before this and I had given the funeral service for my father

No comments: